Friday 25 December 2015

Merry Christmas!!!

Merry Christmas world!

This won't be a particularly long post because not so much has happened these past few weeks. I had my birthday on the 10th and officially became an adult. It didn't feel so special even though its a big number, I sort of felt 18 before I was on paper. It was a great birthday with lots of awesome birthday wishes from my family and friends in The Netherlands and in New Zealand. Thank you to everyone who wised me well! Luckily it was the last day of classes at school for the year so it was a pretty cruisey day!

I had my second test week at school, it went pretty well and I understood A LOT more of the tests (which are in Dutch) than I did first time around, so I'm pretty happy. The Dutch has definitely improved I think (despite all my friends correcting my word order all the time...Thank guys <3 ).

Today is Christmas Day! A few people have asked me what Christmas is like over here. From what I have seen so far, its pretty similar to NZ except it is a bit colder, 13 degrees instead of a swim worthy 25 ish. However it is meant to be about 3-4 odd degrees at this time of year so this is a very warm Christmas for the people in Den Haag! But it is still very much a family time and lots of food and it is very nice :)

This time of the year is also a bit sad for me as I know I have 5 weeks left of my 5 month adventure of a lifetime. I know leaving this amazing country will be hard because I am very much at home here, but it'll be good to see everyone from my New Zealand life again. Bittersweet will be a word I'll use lots these next few weeks to describe the emotions I am having now. But I am glad I have 1 and a bit months left to make amazing memories and have a lot of fun with some of the most amazing people I've ever met. I will honestly miss a lot of people and I hope I'll be able to come back soon and see you all! <3

I hope every one is having a great holiday and making the most of it! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone :) Also, pictures!


1. Church in Delft
2. Me and my host brother out for my birthday dinner (note, I am eating a Kiwi Fruit, NOT a Kiwi ;) )
3. View of the outside of the upper house of the Dutch Parliament
4. A little lake in a park close to where I live



No comments:

Post a Comment